Thursday, August 21, 2008

It was so close to perfect

Last week the most awesome thing happened to me. I was checking out from the grocery store with a bottle of wine and I got carded! Now this hasn't happened in years. The grocery store back home in CA never cards me...I guess they see my school aged children and assume that I am of age. Here in Texas, it ain't really a "sure thing." Anyway, the cashier was all, "Can I see some ID." And I was all, "YOU SURE CAN." So I pull that sucker out like it was a winning lottery ticket. Then things kind of take a bizarre turn. She's all, "Ma'am that's an out of state license I'm going to have to get a manager." Wuh huh? This completely deflated the scenario I had pictured in my mind. She was supposed to be all, "My bad ma'am I see you are 35 but you certainly don't look it." Meanwhile the reality was that I was stuck in the "Express" lane while Bob the 22 year old manager took down my name, DOB, and I think preference of salad dressing. Come on Bob...help a SAHM live the dream just once!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lol hey, at least you were carded :)