Tuesday, February 3, 2009

In a Nutshell

So the last few weeks are a blur. There were numerous trips to L.A., fighting of a mysterious illness for the last week, and comments from strangers and friends referring to how my stomach has "popped out." Amazingly with all that is going on I have found the strength to pull myself out of bed and to keep going! I have mad survival skills! Anyway,the true goal in mind is that three months from now I will be able to breathe out of my nostrils again.

So today as we travel through a drive-through the precocious 6 year old in the backseat states: Hope you don't max out your card!
Oh dear, well Miss Smarty Pants if you must know it was my ATM card and I know that those details are beneath you. However I'm sure your comment was humorous to the guy who was handing back my card and receipt. A little free entertainment for all.

It doesn't stop there. Tonight as my sick 7 year old is laying in my bed, I was flipping channels to find something appropriate but as I flip she exclaims: That lady is dancing with a pole. Why? She looks silly.
Granted I was flipping as fast as I could and that this person was completely dressed but I'm sure this will come up again in casual conversation with her friends. Once again I will be handed the mother of the year award.

So I guess tomorrow I will again have to find the strength to pull myself out of bed and do it all again. Why? Because I will survive!

No comments: